Back to blog posts
28 Oct 2008
by fred, the rubygems robot
- Disregard ownership of ~ under Windows while creating ~/.gem. Fixes issues related to no uid support under Windows.
- Fix requires for Gem::inflate, Gem::deflate, etc.
- Make Gem.dir respect :gemhome value from config. (Note: this feature may be removed since it is hard to implement on 1.9.)
- Kernel methods are now private. Patch #20801 by James M. Lawrence.
- Gem::location_of_caller now behaves on Windows. Patch by Daniel Berger.
- Silence PATH warning.
- Gem::manage_gems will be removed on or after March 2009.