Back to blog posts
04 May 2009
by fred, the rubygems robot
gem serverallows port names (from /etc/services) with –port.
gem servernow has search that jumps to RDoc. Patch #22959 by Vladimir Dobriakov.
gem speccan retrieve single fields from a spec (like
gem spec rake authors).
- Gem::Specification#has_rdoc= is deprecated and ignored (defaults to true)
- RDoc is now generated regardless of Gem::Specification#has_rdoc?
gem cleannow cleans up –user-install gems. Bug #25516 by Brett Eisenberg.
- Gem.bin_path now escapes paths with spaces.
- Rake extension builder uses explicit correctly loads rubygems when invoking rake.
- Prerelease versions now match “~>” correctly. Patch #25759 by Yossef Mendelssohn.
- Check bindir for executables, not root when validating. Bug reported by David Chelimsky.
- Remove Time.today, no way to override it before RubyGems loads. Bug #25564 by Emanuele Vicentini
- Raise Gem::Exception for #installation_path when not installed. Bug #25741 by Daniel Berger.
- Don’t raise in Gem::Specification#validate when homepage is nil. Bug #25677 by Mike Burrows.
- Uninstall executables from the correct directory. Bug #25555 by Brett Eisenberg.
- Raise Gem::LoadError if Kernel#gem fails due to previously-loaded gem. Bug reported by Alf Mikula.
- Gem::manage_gems has been removed.
- Time::today has been removed early. There was no way to make it warn and be easy to override with user code.