05 Mar 2013
NOTE: This release has been yanked due to a bug in HTTPS handling that may leave you unable to install gems or upgrade RubyGems. 2.0.2 has been released to address these issues.
RubyGems 2.0.1 is a bug-fix release. To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
- HTTPS URLs are preferred over HTTP URLs. RubyGems will now attempt to upgrade any HTTP source to HTTPS. Credit to Alex Gaynor.
- Lazily load RubyGems.org API credentials to avoid failure during RubyGems installation. Bug #465 by Isaac Sanders.
- RubyGems now picks the latest prerelease to install. Fixes bug #468 by Santiago Pastorino.
- Improved detection of missing Zlib::GzipReader encoding support. Works around JRuby-only bug #472 by Matt Beedle.
- “Done installing documentation” is no longer displayed when documentation generation is disabled. Fixes bug #469 by Jeff Sandberg
- The existing executable check now respects –format-executable. Pull request #471 by Jeremy Evans.
- RubyGems no longer creates gem subdirectories when fetching gems. Fixes #482 by Loren Segal.
- RubyGems does not require OpenSSL like RubyGems 1.8, but still prefers it. Fixes #481 by André Arko.
- RubyGems only fetches specs for list, search and query commands when needed like RubyGems 1.x. Fixes bug #487 by bitbuerster, Ruby bug #8019 by Ike Miller.
- Allow specification of mode for gem subdirectory creation. Ruby bug #7713 by nobu
- Fix tests when an ‘a.rb’ exists. Ruby bug #7749 by nobu.