Back to blog posts
09 Jul 2013
by Eric Hodel
RubyGems 2.0.4 is a bug-fix release. To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
If you installed 2.0.1 and are unable to upgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions.
- Fixed error caused by gem install not finding the right platform for your platform. Bug #576 by John Anderson
- Fixed pushing gems with the default host. Bug #495 by Utkarsh Kukreti
- Improved unhelpful error message from
gem owner --remove. Bug #488 by Steve Klabnik
- Fixed typo in
gem spechelp. Pull request #563 by oooooooo
- Fixed creation of build_info with –install-dir. Bug #457 by Vít Ondruch.
- RubyGems converts non-string dependency names to strings now. Bug #505 by Terence Lee
- Outdated prerelease versions are now listed in
- RubyGems now only calls fsync() on the specification when installing, not every file from the gem. This improves the performance of gem installation on some systems. Pull Request #556 by Grzesiek Kolodziejczyk
- Removed surprise search term anchoring in
gem searchto restore 1.8-like search behavior while still defaulting to –remote. Pull request #562 by Ben Bleything
- Fixed handling of DESTDIR when building extensions. Pull request #573 by Akinori MUSHA
- Fixed documentation of
gem pristinedefaults (–all is not a default). Pull request #577 by Shannon Skipper
- Fixed a windows extension-building test failure. Pull request #575 by Hiroshi Shirosaki
- Fixed issue with
gem updatewhere it would attempt to use a Version instead of a Requirement to find the latest gem. Fixes #570 by Nick Cox.
- RubyGems now ignores an empty but set RUBYGEMS_HOST environment variable. Based on pull request #558 by Robin Dupret.
- Removed duplicate creation of gem subdirectories in Gem::DependencyInstaller. Pull Request #456 by Vít Ondruch
- RubyGems now works with Ruby built with
--with-ruby-version=''. Pull Request #455 by Vít Ondruch
- Fixed race condition when two threads require the same gem. Ruby bug report #8374 by Joel VanderWerf
- Cleaned up siteconf between extension build and extension install. Pull request #587 by Dominic Cleal
- Fix deprecation warnings when converting gemspecs to yaml. Ruby commit r41148 by Yui Naruse