Back to blog posts
05 Feb 2014
by Eric Hodel
RubyGems 2.2.2 includes bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
- Fixed ruby tests when BASERUBY is not set. Patch for #778 by Nobuyoshi Nakada.
- Removed double requests in RemoteFetcher#cache_update_path to improve remote install speed. Pull request #772 by Charlie Somerville.
- The mkmf.log is now placed next to gem_make.out when building extensions.
gem install -g --localno longer accesses the network. Bug #776 by Jeremy Evans.
- RubyGems now correctly handles URL passwords with encoded characters. Pull request #781 by Brian Fletcher.
- RubyGems now correctly escapes URL characters. Pull request #788 by Brian Fletcher.
- RubyGems can now unpack tar files where the type flag is not given. Pull request #790 by Cody Russell.
- Typo corrections. Pull request ruby/ruby#506 by windwiny.
- RubyGems now uses both the default certificates and ssl_ca_cert instead of one or the other. Pull request #795 by zebardy.
- RubyGems can now use the bundler API against hosted gem servers in a directory. Pull request #801 by Brian Fletcher.
- RubyGems bin stubs now ignore non-versions. This allows RubyGems bin stubs to list file names like “foo”. Issue #799 by Postmodern.
- Restored behavior of Gem::Version::new when subclassed. Issue #805 by Sergio Rubio.