Back to blog posts
01 Oct 2014
by Eric Hodel
RubyGems 2.4.2 includes this release was sponsored by ruby central and bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
This release was sponsored by Ruby Central.
- RubyGems now correctly matches wildcard no_proxy hosts. Issue #997 by voelzemo.
- Added support for missing git_source method in the gem dependencies API.
- Fixed handling of git gems with an alternate install directory.
- Lockfiles will no longer be truncated upon resolution errors.
- Fixed messaging for
gem owner -a. Issue #1004 by Aaron Patterson, Ryan Davis.
- Removed meaningless ensure. Pull request #1003 by gogotanaka.
- Improved wording of –source option help. Pull request #989 by Jason Clark.
- Empty build_info files are now ignored. Issue #903 by Adan Alvarado.
- Gem::Installer ignores dependency checks when installing development dependencies. Issue #994 by Jens Willie.
gem updatenow continues after dependency errors. Issue #993 by aaronchi.
- RubyGems no longer warns about semantic version dependencies for the 0.x range. Issue #987 by Jeff Felchner, pull request #1006 by Hsing-Hui Hsu.
- Added minimal lock to allow multithread installation of gems. Issue #982 and pull request #1005 by Yorick Peterse
- RubyGems now considers prerelease dependencies as it did in earlier versions when –prerelease is given. Issue #990 by Jeremy Tryba.
- Updated capitalization in README. Issue #1010 by Ben Bodenmiller.
- Fixed activating gems from a Gemfile for default gems. Issue #991 by khoan.
- Fixed windows stub script generation for Cygwin. Issue #1000 by Brett DiFrischia.
- Allow gem bindir and ruby.exe to live in separate diretories. Pull request #942 by Ian Flynn.
- Fixed handling of gemspec in gem dependencies files to match Bundler behavior. Issue #1020 by Michal Papis.
gem updatewhen updating to prereleases. Issue #1028 by Santiago Pastorino.
- RubyGems now fails immediately when a git reference cannot be found instead of spewing git errors. Issue #1031 by Michal Papis