Back to blog posts
10 Dec 2015
by Eric Hodel
RubyGems 2.5.1 includes bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
If you need to upgrade or downgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions. To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
- Ensure platform sorting only uses strings. Affected binary installs on Windows. Issue #1369 reported by Ryan Atball (among others). Pull request #1375 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Revert PR #1332. Unable to reproduce, and nil should be impossible.
- Gem::Specification#to_fullpath now returns .rb extensions when such a file exists. Pull request #1114 by y-yagi.
- RubyGems now handles Net::HTTPFatalError instead of crashing. Pull request #1314 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Updated bundled Molinillo to 0.4.0. Pull request #1322, #1396 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Improved performance of spec loading by reducing likelihood of loading he complete specification. Pull request #1373 by Aaron Patterson.
- Improved caching of requirable files Pull request #1377 by Aaron Patterson.
- Fixed activation of gems with development dependencies. Pull request #1388 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- RubyGems now uses the same Molinillo vendoring strategy as Bundler. Pull request #1397 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Fixed documentation of Gem::Requirement.parse. Pull request #1398 by Juanito Fatas.
- RubyGems no longer warns when a prerelease gem has prerelease dependencies. Pull request #1399 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Fixed Gem::Version documentation example. Pull request #1401 by Guilherme Goettems Schneider.
- Updated documentation links to https://. Pull request #1404 by Suriyaa Kudo.
- Fixed double word typo. Pull request #1411 by Jake Worth.