Back to blog posts
25 Feb 2016
by Samuel Giddins
RubyGems 2.6.0 includes minor enhancements and bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
- RubyGems now defaults the
gem pushto the gem’s “allowed_push_host” metadata setting. Pull request #1486 by Josh Lane.
- Update bundled Molinillo to 0.4.3. Pull request #1493 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Add version option to gem open command. Pull request #1483 by Hrvoje Šimić.
- Feature/add silent flag. Pull request #1455 by Luis Sagastume.
- Allow specifying gem requirements via env variables. Pull request #1472 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- RubyGems now stores
gem pushcredentials under the host you signed-in for. Pull request #1485 by Josh Lane.
codinglocation to first line. Pull request #1471 by SHIBATA Hiroshi.
- [PathSupport] Handle a regexp path separator. Pull request #1469 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Clean up the PathSupport object. Pull request #1094 by Aaron Patterson.
- Join with File::PATH_SEPARATOR in Gem.use_paths. Pull request #1476 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Handle when the gem home and gem path arent set in the config file. Pull request #1478 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Terminate TimeoutHandler. Pull request #1479 by Nobuyoshi Nakada.
- Remove redundant cache. Pull request #1482 by Eileen M. Uchitelle.
Gem::Version@segmentsinstance variable. Pull request #1487 by Ben Dean.
- Gem cleanup is trying to uninstall gems outside GEM_HOME and reporting an error after it tries. Pull request #1353 by Luis Sagastume.
- Avoid duplicated sources. Pull request #1489 by Luis Sagastume.
- Better description for quiet flag. Pull request #1491 by Luis Sagastume.
- Raise error if find_by_name returns with nil. Pull request #1494 by Zoltán Hegedüs.
- Find_files only from loaded_gems when using gemdeps. Pull request #1277 by Michal Papis.