Back to blog posts
04 Apr 2016
by Samuel Giddins
RubyGems 2.6.3 includes minor enhancements and bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
If you need to upgrade or downgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions. To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
- Lazily calculate Gem::LoadError exception messages. Pull request #1550 by Aaron Patterson.
- New fastly cert. Pull request #1548 by David Radcliffe.
- Organize and cleanup SSL certs. Pull request #1555 by James Wen.
- [RubyGems] Make deprecation message for paths= more helpful. Pull request #1562 by Samuel Giddins.
- Show default gems when using “gem list”. Pull request #1570 by Luis Sagastume.
- Stub ordering should be consistent regardless of how cache is populated. Pull request #1552 by Aaron Patterson.
- Handle cases when the @@stubs variable contains non-stubs. Pull request #1558 by Per Lundberg.
- Fix test on Windows for inconsistent temp path. Pull request #1554 by Hiroshi Shirosaki.
Gem.find_spec_for_exepicks oldest gem. Pull request #1566 by Shinichi Maeshima.
- [Owner] Fallback to email and userid when owner email is missing. Pull request #1569 by Samuel Giddins.
- [Installer] Handle nil existing executable. Pull request #1561 by Samuel Giddins.
- Allow two digit version numbers in the tests. Pull request #1575 by unak.