09 Dec 2020
November 2020 RubyGems Updates
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Together, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in November.
In November, we worked on the Bundler Version Locking RFC that allows a user to specify a required Bundler version in the Gemfile/gemspec with a working proof of concept. We also made improvements to platform support by enabling the
specific_platform functionality by default, and decided to delay the change to resolve all Gemfile platforms automatically in addition to that, we made the following improvements and fixes:
- fixed a missing require issue. #4036
- fixed a couple of minor “Windows paths” issues. #4038, #4039
- fixed gem specification
- added an
--all-platformsflag that optionally allows generating Windows binstubs from non-Windows platforms. #3886
- merged a PR to fix a bundle remove bug where it was removing comments. #4045
- merged a PR to support the new signin endpoints. #3840
- merged a PR to improve the
-Cflag to gem build. #3983
- added a fix to slightly improve some “gem not found” error messages. #4019
- fixed an intermittent spec failure. #4060
- fixed an issue with changelog generation. #4059
- fixed an issue with nested bundler invocations. #4063
- fixed a discrepancy between executing with or without bundle exec. #4063
- added more descriptive errors about default network errors. #4061
- fixed a CI issue that appeared under Windows. #4068
- merged a tweak to the bundle gem default skeleton. #4066
gemDSL with a
This month, we coordinated with Fastly support to enable Globalsign certs and AAAA records in our TLS config. We updated RubyGems CLI gem signin according to changes requested in a review and also made the following fixes and improvements:
- added a new way to match RubyGems versions using the
build-argin docker image. #2548
- fixed failing tests in
shoulda-matchersupdate and reported an issue of invalid objects should
DelegationErrorfor ownership records with nil
- updated our DMARC policy to ensure that spoofed emails with rubygems.org in sender get marked as spam.
- worked on a PR to resolve a HackerOne report, disallowing duplicate canonical version numbers. #2559
Pagerdutyintegration for Cloudwatch ALB alerts.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and/or updating documentation, and bug triage.tation, writing and/or updating documentation, and bug triage.