09 Feb 2021
January 2021 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Together, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in January.
In January, we released new versions of Bundler
v2.2.8, and corresponding versions of RubyGems
v3.2.8. The main improvements in these releases are resolver correctness and better performance. Learn more about specific changes made from the changelogs: Bundler Changelog and RubyGems Changelog. We’re refining our RFC for Bundler Version Locking -#29 and plan to move on to the implementation soon.
As usual, we’re routinely triaging new issues and reviewing pull requests from contributors.
In addition to that, we made the following improvement and fixes:
- debugged delay in versions endpoint update on
gem pushand set surrogate key on versions to reduce Fastly cache expiry. - #2612, #2614
- worked on pre-update changes for Rails 6.1 and updated and deployed Rails 6.1 update. -#2607, #2597, #2598
- created Fastly support tickets for dedicated IPs and incorrect status code on matching If-None-Match.
- worked on updating RubyGems-terraform root files to sync with current state.
- thanks to @iMacTia, we added a new MFA level UI and
gem signin- #2601 - find out more about this on RubyGems Guides.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
In January, Rubygems.org gained 89 new commits, contributed by 8 authors. There were 651 additions and 377 deletions across 70 files.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.