12 Mar 2021
February 2021 RubyGems Updates
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Together, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in February.
This month on RubyGems, we worked on fixing an issue about source priority that received attention due to a popular blog post. In particular, the lockfile now has separated RubyGems sources, limiting the issue to fresh installs without a lockfile and allowing for a workaround in the other cases (running
bundle lock and reviewing the result before installing).
This month on RubyGems.org, we reduced the ngix rate limit to mitigate the load on Postgres - #2634 and evaluated the impact of reducing
random_page_post in Postgres config.
In addition to that, we made the following improvement and fixes:
- updated Elasticsearch to v6.8.
- setup notifications for AWS health events.
- updated script to block a user from resetting API keys - #2647
- reduced font size of title and subtitle on reverse dep page - #2637
return_only_media_type_on_content_typerails 6.0 default - #2639
- thanks to simi, we significantly improved the delay in our build time by migrating from Travis to Github Actions. - #2626.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.