07 Apr 2021
March 2021 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Together, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in March.
In March, we released new versions for RubyGems (from 3.2.12 to 3.2.15) and Bundler (from 2.2.12 to 2.2.15). Additionally, we worked on making the client tools more secure, and making Git sources faster and more disk efficient.
RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates this month, some of which include the following:
- fixed upload of test coverage report to code climate. - #2673
- made users’ emails private by default and updated existing accounts to hide emails. - #2663
- added text-only versions of emails to support more email clients. - #2652
- upgraded ES instance type and storage, and added a strict rate limit on the Search API endpoint. - #2665
- updated nginx to latest mainline to fix
cache file .. has too long headerissue that landed in
v1.19.3. - #2660
- replied to support tickets on Zendesk and Tenderapp.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.