10 Sep 2021
August 2021 RubyGems Updates
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Together, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in August.
This month in RubyGems, We released a new version of RubyGems - 3.2.36. This release features experimental support for the
RUBYGEMS_GEMDEPS environment variable, which allows using locked versions of executables without the need of prepending
bundle exec to them. It also fixes an issue with the loading of RubyGems plugin and improves reporting of errors inside operating system customizations of RubyGems.
In August, Rubygems gained 133 new commits, contributed by 11 authors. There were 1299 additions and 896 deletions across 192 files.
In August, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- drafted a PR for Ruby 3 update to evaluate changes required - #2760.
- reduced Docker build time up to 5 minutes by caching
bundle installcommand -#2761.
- updated Rubocop as part of the updates for Ruby 3 - #2768.
- debugged increased CPU usage on Postgres and added rate limit on the
reverse_dependenciespage - #2754.
- contacted Zendesk support about spam mails and enabled beta version of
Rspamdspam filter system.
- evaluated performance impact on our database in
Gem Signature VerificationPR - #2444.
This month, Rubygems.org gained 34 new commits, contributed by 3 authors. There were 135 additions and 129 deletions across 14 files.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PR’s and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.