08 Feb 2022
January 2022 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Central, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in January.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the improvements included in the above releases (see changelogs for more details):
- merged tentative support for
--enable-load-relativeRuby configuration flag in our bin stubs to fix some
gem installissues on Windows - #2929.
- published a blog post about Bundler Version Switching and released documentation for Bundler 2.3 on bundler.io.
- fixed regression with old marshaled specs having null
In January, Rubygems gained 113 new commits, contributed by 14 authors. There were 1,623 additions and 864 deletions across 139 files.
This month, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
Rails 6.1defaults - #2917.
rake taskto send ownership request notification.
- verified session for Gem owners before showing adoptions page.
- published RubyGems adoptions blog post.
In January, Rubygems.org gained 48 new commits, contributed by 5 authors. There were 443 additions and 121 deletions across 37 files.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.