07 Mar 2022
February 2022 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Central, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in February.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the improvements included in the above releases (see changelogs for further information):
- resolved some long-standing issues with our CI workflow and worked on some long-standing configuration issues - #5324.
- fixed an issue with a corrupt lockfile that occured when running
bundle checkand re-resolving locally - #5344.
- fixed a typo in the multiple gemfiles warning - #5342.
- added clarification for
"with"option - #5346.
- fixed an issue with
BUNDLE_WITHOUTenvironment variables being silently persisted locally - #5335.
bundle confignow saves configuration locally by default when run inside an application context - #4512.
In February, Rubygems gained 45 new commits, contributed by 9 authors. There were 252 additions and 160 deletions across 58 files.
This month, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- enabled Rails 6.1 default in
mfa_required_sinceusage - #2965.
- fixed Rubocop warning by re-enabling Ruby and excluding some files - #2955.
In February, Rubygems.org gained 60 new commits, contributed by 6 authors. There were 350 additions and 208 deletions across 28 files.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.