08 Aug 2022
July 2022 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Central, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in July.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of other improvements included in the above releases (see the changelog for further information):
- updated the CLI to display MFA warnings on
gem signin, to support work done on the RubyGems.org side - #5590.
- added the long-requested feature of allowing to gem install from specific groups only - #5579.
- extended the
gemDSL with a
force_ruby_platformoption - #4049.
- fixed an issue with Bundler on Windows that allows the new
x64-mingw-ucrt, the default on Ruby 3.1, to work seamlessly with the existing
platforms DSL- #5655.
- improved performance of
bundler/setup- #5546, #5695.
- fixed several TruffleRuby issues - #5711, #5694, #5746.
- fixed a confusing permission error when copying compact index cache - #5709.
- fixed an issue with Bundler printing the bug report template so that it gives a better error rather than suggesting a bug - #5726.
gem not founderror messages to include the expected source - #5729.
- merged a PR to fix
gem update --systemerrors in some edge cases - #5728, #5737.
In July, RubyGems gained 150 new commits, contributed by 15 authors. There were 8,654 additions and 7,904 deletions across 410 files.
In July, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- added an
mfa_requiredfunction to check when a user needs to enable MFA due to one of the packages they own passing the MFA-required downloads threshold - #3135.
- merged a PR to reorganize locales by running
- updated the
TargetRubyVersionfor Rubocop - #3139.
- added an update to skip sending email when a user has no email address present - #3150.
- fixed webhooks for users with multiple API keys - #3151.
This month, RubyGems.org gained 74 new commits, contributed by 13 authors. There were 1,015 additions and 263 deletions across 63 files.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PRs and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.