17 Sep 2022
August 2022 RubyGems Updates
by Gift Egwuenu
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Central, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in August.
The following are the main improvements shipped during this month (see the changelog for more improvements and fixes):
- added full support in RubyGems and Bundler for
muslvariants - #4488, #5852.
Bundler.settings[:only]to install gems of the only specified groups (a longstanding feature request we finally decided to add) - #5759.
- restored previous performance of private RubyGems servers; it had gotten very slow after some correctness fixes - #5826.
In August, RubyGems gained 142 new commits, contributed by 10 authors. There were 2,296 additions and 866 deletions across 214 files.
In August, RubyGems.org saw several bug fixes and updates, some of which include the following:
- set up email to announce MFA is required for maintainers of gems with 180M+ downloads - #3171.
- removed MFA required (Phase 3) feature flag cookie - #3170.
- simplified the API v1 GH scanning endpoint tests - #3196.
- added superscript star for a RubyGem version date with a tooltip - #3193.
- set up autocomplete value for OTP text field - #3187.
- added a redirect uri to MFA setup and upgrade page that lets the user return to the settings page - #3185.
gem signinif the user requires MFA and has it disabled or at a weak level - #3155.
This month, RubyGems gained 88 new commits, contributed by 14 authors. There were 2,684 additions and 510 deletions across 68 files.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PRs and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.