15 Nov 2022
October 2022 RubyGems Updates
Welcome to the RubyGems monthly update! As part of our efforts at Ruby Central, we publish a recap of the work that we’ve done the previous month. Read on to find out what updates were made to RubyGems and RubyGems.org in October.
The following improvements and fixes are also included in these releases (see the changelog for more information):
- added a small development environment that was contributed to make our
util/rubocopscript use “in-tree” Bundler - #5979.
- improved resolution performance and correctness by adding resolver spec groups for Ruby platform only when necessary. This is in preparation for the upcoming migration to Pub Grub - #5698.
SHA256in test certificates - #5982.
- made an update to allow JRuby to pass keywords to
- unified source code and documentation to always use HTTPS under the hood with dealing with GitHub sources. - #5993 and #6026.
- fixed several issues with
Gem::Platformhandling in musl platforms #5915, in arm platforms with eabi modifiers #5957, and to properly deal with string parameters when comparing #5939.
- improved handling of permanent redirect responses when pushing gems - #5931.
- fixed an obscure issue affecting file extraction of some specific
.gempackages - #5906.
- migrated the GitLab CI template generated by
bundle gemto be the one now recommended by GitLab.
In October, RubyGems gained 74 new commits, contributed by 11 authors. There were 1,594 additions and 833 deletions across 125 files.
There was minor maintenance work on RubyGems.org this month which included triaging issues, reviewing pull requests, and updating dependencies.
In October, RubyGems gained 30 new commits, contributed by 3 authors. There were 22 additions and 22 deletions across 1 file.
As always, we continue to fix bugs, review and merge PRs and reply to support tickets.
Learn more about contributing to RubyGems by visiting the RubyGems Contributing Guide. We welcome all kinds of contributions, including bug fixes, feature implementation, writing and updating documentation, and bug triage.