24 Dec 2022
by David Rodríguez
RubyGems 3.4.0 includes nice improvements such as:
- It will unobstrusively inform you when it’s out of date.
- It will cleanup intermediate files after building and installing extensions, saving disk space.
It also drops support for Ruby 2.3, Ruby 2.4 and Ruby 2.5. Time to move on!
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
This is the full changelog for more details:
## Breaking changes:
- Drop support for Ruby 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and RubyGems 2.5, 2.6, 2.7. Pull request #6107 by deivid-rodriguez
- Remove support for deprecated OS. Pull request #6041 by peterzhu2118
- Add ‘call for update’ to RubyGems install command. Pull request #5922 by simi
mswinsupport for cargo builder. Pull request #6167 by ianks
- Validate Cargo.lock is present for Rust based extensions. Pull request #6151 by simi
- Clean built artifacts after building extensions. Pull request #6133 by deivid-rodriguez
- Installs bundler 2.4.0 as a default gem.
## Bug fixes:
- Fix crash due to
BundlerVersionFindernot defined. Pull request #6152 by deivid-rodriguez
- Don’t leave corrupted partial package download around when running out of disk space. Pull request #5681 by duckinator