Skip to archived posts
- Cleanup of command-line arguments and handling. Most commands accept a
–local or –remote modifier.
- Creation of Application Gems (packages that include executable programs).
See http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?DeveloperGuide for information
on how to use it.
- Basic functionality for installing binary gems from source (:extensions
property of gem specification holds an array of paths to extconf.rb files to
be used for compilation)
- Install library “stub” allowing a normal ‘require’ to work (which then does
the rubygems require and ‘require_gem’
- –run-tests runs the test suite specified by the “test_suite_file” property
of a gem specification
- HTTP Proxy support works. Rewrite of HTTP code.
- Unit and functional tests added (see Rakefile).
- Prompt before remote-installing dependencies during gem installation.
- Config file for storing preferences for ‘gem’ command usage.
- Generally improved error messages (still more work to do)
- Rearranged gem directory structure for cleanliness.