RubyGems 2.5.2 includes bug fixes and minor enhancements.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
If you need to upgrade or downgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions. To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
- Fix memoization of Gem::Version#prerelease? Pull request #1125 by Matijs van Zuijlen.
- Handle trailing colons in GEM_PATH, by Damien Robert.
- Improve the Gemfile
gemspecmethod, fixing #1204 and #1033. Pull request #1276 by Michael Papis.
- Warn only once when a gemspec license is invalid. Pull request #1414 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Check for exact constants before using them, fixing Ruby bug #11940. Pull request #1438 by Nobuyoshi Nakada.
- Fix building C extensions on Ruby 1.9.x on Windows. Pull request #1453 by Marie Markwell.
- Handle symlinks containing “..” correctly. Pull request #1457 by Samuel E. Giddins.
--no-rcflag, which skips loading
.gemrc. Pull request #1329 by Luis Sagastume.
- Allow basic auth to be excluded from
allowed_push_host. By Josh Lane.
gem list --exact, which finds gems by string match instead of regex. Pull request #1344 by Luis Sagastume.
- Suggest alternatives when gem license is unknown. Pull request #1443 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Print a useful error if a binstub expects a newer version of a gem than is installed. Pull request #1407 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Allow the (supported) s3:// scheme to be used with
--source. Pull request #1416 by Dave Adams.
update. Pull request #1162 by Josef Šimánek.
yank, providing symmetry with
pull. Pull request #1361 by Mike Virata-Stone.
- Update bundled Molinillo to 0.4.1. Pull request #1452 by Samuel E. Giddins.
- Allow calling
buildwithout ‘.gemspec’. Pull request #1454 by Stephen Blackstone.
- Add support for
sourceoption on gems in Gemfile. Pull request #1355 by Michael Papis.
- Function correctly when string literals are frozen on Ruby 2.3. Pull request #1408 by Samuel E. Giddins.