RubyGems 2.4.2 includes this release was sponsored by ruby central and bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
If you need to upgrade or downgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions. To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
This release was sponsored by Ruby Central.
- RubyGems now correctly matches wildcard no_proxy hosts. Issue #997 by voelzemo.
- Added support for missing git_source method in the gem dependencies API.
- Fixed handling of git gems with an alternate install directory.
- Lockfiles will no longer be truncated upon resolution errors.
- Fixed messaging for
gem owner -a. Issue #1004 by Aaron Patterson, Ryan Davis.
- Removed meaningless ensure. Pull request #1003 by gogotanaka.
- Improved wording of –source option help. Pull request #989 by Jason Clark.
- Empty build_info files are now ignored. Issue #903 by Adan Alvarado.
- Gem::Installer ignores dependency checks when installing development dependencies. Issue #994 by Jens Willie.
gem updatenow continues after dependency errors. Issue #993 by aaronchi.
- RubyGems no longer warns about semantic version dependencies for the 0.x range. Issue #987 by Jeff Felchner, pull request #1006 by Hsing-Hui Hsu.
- Added minimal lock to allow multithread installation of gems. Issue #982 and pull request #1005 by Yorick Peterse
- RubyGems now considers prerelease dependencies as it did in earlier versions when –prerelease is given. Issue #990 by Jeremy Tryba.
- Updated capitalization in README. Issue #1010 by Ben Bodenmiller.
- Fixed activating gems from a Gemfile for default gems. Issue #991 by khoan.
- Fixed windows stub script generation for Cygwin. Issue #1000 by Brett DiFrischia.
- Allow gem bindir and ruby.exe to live in separate diretories. Pull request #942 by Ian Flynn.
- Fixed handling of gemspec in gem dependencies files to match Bundler behavior. Issue #1020 by Michal Papis.
gem updatewhen updating to prereleases. Issue #1028 by Santiago Pastorino.
- RubyGems now fails immediately when a git reference cannot be found instead of spewing git errors. Issue #1031 by Michal Papis