- RubyGems no longer requires ‘thread’. Rails < 3 will need to add require ‘thread’ to their applications.
- Gem.cache is deprecated. Use Gem.source_index.
- RbConfig.datadir is deprecated. Use Gem.datadir.
- Gem::LoadError#version_requirements has been removed. Use Gem::LoadError#requirement.
2 Major Enhancements:
- Rewrote how Gem::activate (gem and require) resolves dependencies.
- Gem::LoadError#version_requirement has been removed. Use Gem::LoadError#requirement.
17 Minor Enhancments:
- Added –key to
gem pushfor setting alternate API keys.
- Added –format-executable support to gem uninstall.
- Added Gem::DependencyList#clear.
- Added Gem::DependencyList#remove_specs_unsatisfied_by
- Added Gem.latest_spec_for, latest_version_for, and latest_rubygems_version.
- Added Gem::Dependency#merge which merges requirements for two dependencies.
- Added Gem::TestCase#util_spec for faster tests.
- Added Gem::Specification#dependent_specs.
- Added Gem::TestCase#new_spec and Gem::TestCase#install_specs.
- Added flag to include prerelease gems in Gem::SourceIndex#latest_specs.
- Gem.cache_dir always references the proper cache dir. Pass true to support a user path.
- Gem.cache_gem, given a filename always references the cache gem. Pass true to support a user path.
- Added Gem::Specification#conflicts
- Removed rdoc gem/require from test_case.rb.
- Rubygems will no longer let you push if you’re using beta or unreleased rubygems.
- Save RAM / GC churn by removing spec.files and rdoc options from locally cached gem specifications.
- SpecFetcher.fetch_spec can now take a string source_uri.
10 Bug Fixes:
- Added missing require of Gem::RemoteFetcher to the unpack command.
- RubyGems now completely removes a previous install when reinstalling.
- Fixed Gem::Installer#generate_bin to only chmod files that exist.
- Fixed handling of Windows style file:/// uris.
- Fixed requires in tests. (shota)
- Fixed script generation on Windows.
- Fixed test issues if you have older rubygems installed.
- Gem::DependencyInstaller tests use Gem::Security, add the missing require.
- Gem::Security used FileUtils but didn’t require it. Reported by Elia Schito.
- Gem::Uninstaller now respects –format-executable.