gemcommands * Added
gem ownerfor interacting with modern/Gemcutter sources
gem depnow supports –prerelease.
gem fetchnow supports –prerelease.
gem servernow supports –bind. Patch #27357 by Bruno Michel.
gem rdocno longer overwrites built documentation. Use –overwrite force rebuilding. Patch #25982 by Akinori MUSHA.
- Captial letters are now allowed in prerelease versions.
- Development deps are no longer added to rubygems-update gem so older versions can update sucessfully.
- Installer bugs:
- Prerelease gems can now depend on non-prerelease gems.
- Development dependencies are ignored unless explicitly needed. Bug #27608 by Roger Pack.
gem whichnow fails if no paths were found. Adapted patch #27681 by Caio Chassot.
gem serverno longer has invalid markup. Bug #27045 by Eric Young.
gem listand friends show both prerelease and regular gems when –prerelease –all is given
- Gem::Format no longer crashes on empty files. Bug #27292 by Ian Ragsdale.
- Gem::GemPathSearcher handles nil require_paths. Patch #27334 by Roger Pack.
- Gem::RemoteFetcher no longer copies the file if it is where we want it. Patch #27409 by Jakub Šťastný.
- lib/rubygems/timer.rb has been removed.
- Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2010.
- Bulk index update is no longer supported.
- Gem::manage_gems was removed in 1.3.3.
- Time::today was removed in 1.3.3.