http://rubygems.org is now the default source for downloading gems.
You may have sources set via ~/.gemrc, so you should replace http://gems.rubyforge.org with http://rubygems.org
http://gems.rubyforge.org will continue to work for the forseeable future.
gem fetchnow report alternate platforms when a matching one couldn’t be found. *
gem contents–prefix is now the default as specified in –help. Bug #27211 by Mamoru Tasaka.
gem fetchcan fetch of old versions again. Bug #27960 by Eric Hankins.
gem queryand friends output now lists platforms. Bug #27856 by Greg Hazel.
gem servernow allows specification of multiple gem dirs for documentation. Bug #27573 by Yuki Sonoda.
gem unpackcan unpack gems again. Bug #27872 by Timothy Jones.
gem unpacknow unpacks remote gems.
- –user-install is no longer the default. If you really liked it, see Gem::ConfigFile to learn how to set it by default. (This change was made in 1.3.6)
RubyGems now has platform support for IronRuby. Patch #27951 by Will Green.
- Require rubygems/custom_require if –disable-gem was set. Bug #27700 by Roger Pack.
- RubyGems now protects against exceptions being raised by plugins.
- rubygems/builder now requires user_interaction. Ruby Bug #1040 by Phillip Toland.
- Gem::Dependency support #version_requirements= with a warning. Fix for old Rails versions. Bug #27868 by Wei Jen Lu.
- Gem::PackageTask depends on the package dir like the other rake package tasks so dependencies can be hooked up correctly.