Back to blog posts
24 Oct 2013
RubyGems 2.1.10 includes bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
- Use class check instead of :version method check when creating Gem::Version objects. Fixes #674 by jkanywhere.
- Fail during
gem updatewhen an error occurs checking for newer versions. This means RubyGems no longer reports “nothing to update” when it cannot communicate with the server. Issue #688 by Jimmy Dee.
- Allow installation of gems when the home directory does not exist. Issue #689 by Laurence Rowe
- Fix updating gems which have multiple platforms. Issue #693 by Ookami Kenrou.
- The gem server now uses user-provided directories. Issue #696 by Marcelo Alvim.
- Improved resolution of gems when specific versions have conflicting dependencies.
- RubyGems installs local gems regardless of platform again. Issue #695
--ignore-dependenciesoption for gem installation works again. Issue #695