11 Mar 2013
by Eric Hodel
RubyGems 2.0.3 is a bug-fix release. To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
If you installed 2.0.1 and are unable to upgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions.
- Reverted automatic upgrade to HTTPS as it breaks RubyGems APIs. Fixes #506 by André Arko
- Use File.realpath to remove extra / while checking if files are installable. Issue #508 by Jacob Evans.
- When installing RubyGems on JRuby, the standard library is no longer deleted. Fixes #504 by Juan Sanchez, #507 by Charles Oliver Nutter.
- When building extconf.rb extensions use the intermediate destination directory. This addresses further issues with C extension building.
- Use the absolute path to the generated siteconf in case the extension changes directories to run extconf.rb (like memcached). Fixes #498 by Chris Morris.
- Fixed default gem key and cert locations. Pull request #511 by Samuel Cochran.