RubyGems 2.2.1 includes bug fixes.
To update to the latest RubyGems you can run:
gem update --system
If you need to upgrade or downgrade please follow the how to upgrade/downgrade RubyGems instructions. To install RubyGems by hand see the Download RubyGems page.
- Platforms in the Gemfile.lock GEM section are now handled correctly. Bug #767 by Diego Viola.
- RubyGems now displays which gem couldn’t be uninstalled from the home directory. Pull request #757 by Michal Papis.
- Removed unused method Gem::Resolver#find_conflict_state. Pull request #759 by Smit Shah.
- Fixed installing gems from local files without dependencies. Issue #760 by Arash Mousavi, pull request #764 by Tim Moore.
- Removed TODO about syntax that works in Ruby 1.8.7. Pull request #765 by Benjamin Fleischer.
- Switched Gem.ruby_api_version to use RbConfig::CONFIG[ruby_version] which has the same value but is overridable by packagers through –with-ruby-version= when configuring ruby. Bug #770 by Jeremy Evans.
- RubyGems now prefers the bundler API for
gem installto reduce HTTP requests. (This change was intended for RubyGems 2.2.0 but was missed.) This should address bug #762 by Dan Peterson and bug #766 by mipearson.
- Added Gem::BasicSpecification#source_paths so documentation or analysis tools can work properly as require_paths no longer returns extension source directories. Bug #758 Vít Ondruch.
- Gem.read_binary can read read-only files again. This caused file:// repositories to stop working. Bug #761 by John Anderson.
- Fixed specification file sorting for Ruby 1.8.7 compatibility. Pull request #763 by James Mead